Friday, February 26, 2010

THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION





I am the Immaculate Conception


In Lourdes, the dazzling visitor of the grotto revealed her secret: "As she had done with my previous questions, the Lady nodded, smiled, and said nothing. I don't know why, but I felt bolder and asked her again to let me know her name. She renewed her smile and her gracious salutation, but remained silent. A third time, I joined my hands, while recognizing that I was unworthy of the favor I was asking, and I presented the same prayer.


The Lady was standing above the rosebush. Upon my third request, she took a serious air and seemed to humble herself (...) She separated her hands, stretched and raised them, then brought them close to her chest (...) She looked up at the sky (...) and told me with a trembling voice: "Que soy era Immaculada Councepciou" -- "I am the Immaculate Conception."


Bernadette ran to repeat this sentence that she didn't understand to the parish priest. The latter was struck with deep emotion, and now believed in the reality of the apparitions. He cried out: "She's the Blessed Virgin!" Indeed, four years before, Pope Pius IX had infallibly proclaimed that the Virgin Mary was conceived without sin.


Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of death. Amen.

No comments: