Friday, April 25, 2008

70 YEARS ON........


Oh, dear Lord,


"How great Thou art..."


Tomorrow, God willing, I will be 70 years old!


It is a milestone in life's journey here on Earth; a milestone that is marked with so many great memories and bitter ones too. But is the beauty and the fragrance of the rose to be discarded simply because there are some thorns on the stalk?



I feel that besides thanking the Good Lord for lending me these years, I should also beg His foregiveness for my past misdeeeds, as well as asking all friends for a small prayer on my behalf.


My favourite of all favourite songs is the well known "Amazing Grace". I like to think that when Newton wrote it, he did not only mean it for himself, but even so for any others who would like to assimilate those beautiful lyrics to themselves; something I am glad I do.


"God's Grace first taught my heart to fear, His Grace my fears relieved; how precious did that Grace appear the hour I first believed."


Thank you Lord for being always there for me, with me and in me. I pray Thee:


"Lead me on kindly, LIght...."

No comments: