Friday, May 9, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY



A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO all of you out there....with lots of LOVE.
Besides wishing all the best returns to you MOTHERS, let us not forget our departed ones...like mine!
I came across the following and I think it is quite fitting to propose as a salute to all mothers and as a pointer to their unselfish love....


My mother had only one eye,
I hated her as I was ashamed of her.
She was a cook in the school cafeteria where I studied.
One day, when I saw still in a primary class,
She came to visit me to see for herself that I was all right. I was very upset, how dare she do this to me?
After that incident I ignored her & looked on her only with hateful eyes….
The next day, a fellow-student told me, “oohhh, your mother has only one eye!”
At that moment, I wanted to crawl under the floor,and that my mother would be out of my life completely.
The next day I went to meet her and to tell her: “ Because of you I am the joke at school. Why don’t you die and go away!?
But, she did not respond…. I wasn’t thinking and did not know what I was saying; I was very angry. I could not imagine how she would react to my remarks.
And, I left town.
I studied relentlessly and obtained a scholarship to continue my studies abroad.
In fact, I completed my studies, got married, bought a house and set up my family.
I lived a happy and a peaceful life.
One day, my mother comes to visit me.
It had been many years since she had disappeared. She had never met her grand-children. She remained at the doorstep while my children were making fun of her.
I shouted at her: “ How dare you come all the way here and frighten my kids?! With a calm voice she responded: “I apologize, I am at the wrong address.”
And she disappeared.
One day, I received an invitation from my hometown school to attend a reunion under the “ close family ties “ topic. I lied to my wife and made her believe that I was traveling for business.
After the reunion I stopped by the house where I grew up. The neighbours informed me that my mother had passed away. I did not shed even one tear!!! The next door neighbor handed me a letter that my mother had left for me:
“My Dear son, I always thought of you.”
I regret having visited you abroad and frightened your kids! …I was very pleased when I heard that you would come to attend the reunion. …The only thing was that I could not get up from my bed to come and see you! I am broken-hearted that I brought shame to you on numerous occasions.
Did you know that when you were a baby you had an accident and lost your one eye?

As any other mother would, I would not let you grow up with only one eye!
So, I gave you my eye……..
I was very proud and happy to know that my son would be able to see the world with my eye.
… with all my love…
…Your mother….

No comments: