Thursday, January 17, 2008

Talking to Him





I asked God for His blessings,
because I felt so bad.
I prayed for God to help me,
but He already had.
Dear Father, I want to see.
"But you're afraid to look."
Dear God, I need an answer.
"It's right there, in the Book."
I'm a child of misery.
"You're a child of the King."
Lord, please hear my mournful cry.
"Lift up your voice and sing."
Oh! My Lord, I feel so poor!
"Your riches are untold."
I have nothing, Lord, but You.
"I give you more than gold."

Lord, I'm so weak; I'm afraid.
"Son, all your fears are known.
If you will come unto me,
You'll never be alone."
"You'll have troubles while you live.
Times will come when you'll cry,
But trust in me, and you'll see
That you won't ever die."
Help me, God! Oh, save me Lord!
Only You are able.
"Come now, child, and dine with me.
Come. Eat at my table."
~Author~
Glen Pysell
Copyright 2002

No comments: